On 3 November 1941, by order of the German occupier, this playground became a market for Jews. Only here they were allowed to buy and sell.
Many of them were deported from here. Of the 17,000 Jewish residents 13,000 were murdered.
For them and for us Truus Menger made the Children’s Monument. Ed van Thijn unveiled it on November 3, 1986.
Location: Gaaspstraat, Amsterdam /